If you are growing frustrated with old 3PL methods of handling domestic freight insurance, we may be able to help.
Here are seven ways to handle third-party logistics differently:
- Know current pricing – The latest information on domestic rates is located on this site. With this, you can adjust your budget to include insurance.
- Get an accurate estimate of the value of your shipment – In the event of a cargo claim, a proper assessment of values being shipped will allow a much smoother claims handling process for all parties involved.
- Don’t take short cuts – Experienced shippers have horror stories of under insuring their cargo or not insuring it at all.
- Choose dependable carriers – Accountability is fundamental to growth.
- Nurture relationships – A good customer experience improves retention.
- Keep costs in line – Do your research to ascertain what options is the best value for your money.
We recognize that you don’t want to pay for what you don’t need. We can help you tailor your insurance packages to the exposures present in your business model. We even offer spot/excess cargo insurance through our Exclusive Freight Insurance ASAP Program. When you partner with GSIS, we will support all of your Risk Management & Insurance needs.
See our website for more on this topic.